Website Booking Terms & Conditions
To reserve a spot on one of our retreats at The Norfolk Farmhouse, a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the full asking price is required upon booking. Any remaining balance is payable at least 8 weeks before your retreat start date. All bookings made less than 8 weeks before must be paid in full at the time of booking There is no cooling-off period when purchasing or booking any of our retreats. Please advise us of any mental or physical health conditions and dietary requirements before you book.
Any cancellations must be notified via email as soon as is reasonably possible and will be subject to the following charges:
- If you cancel 60 days or more before your start date, you will be offered to transfer your dates to another retreat or be refunded the full amount paid up to that date for your retreat, minus the 30% deposit.
- Cancellations less than 60 days before the start date of your retreat are non-refundable and will result in a forfeit of any and all sums paid.
- It is permitted to transfer your retreat to another person, providing we are notified of the attendees full contact details, they meet the conditions of the booking and agree to our Terms and Conditions as stated here and providing this is done at least 21 days before the start date of the retreat.
- Due to our need to commit to accommodation and other arrangements in advance, exceptions to our policy cannot be made for any reason.
- If you fail to arrive for the retreat on the first day no refund will be given under any exception.
- Should you leave during the retreat no refund will be given under any exception.
- We recommend that you get your own insurance to cover you in the event that you are unable to attend the retreat for any reason as we do not provide refunds. We recommend that your insurance covers the activity of your retreat with us as well as unexpected cancellation, sickness, losses and all the usual risks.
- We advise guests to bring your insurance policy with you to the retreat in case of an emergency.
- The Norfolk Farmhouse accepts no responsibility for delayed, missed or cancelled flights, buses, ferries, transfers, or any other modes of transportation required by You to get to us, or any other activity or event in connection with or relating to your retreat.
Cancellations made by Us
If for any reason The Norfolk Farmhouse has to cancel or change the start date of any retreat, you are entitled to transfer the sums paid, to another retreat at The Norfolk Farmhouse (either scheduled or at some future time within the next two years). Or, you may request a refund of any payments made by You to Us. The Norfolk Farmhouse is not responsible for your expenses incurred in preparation for any cancelled retreats such as other accommodation, airline tickets, loss of work, and/or other costs associated with preparing for your trip.
Late Arrivals/Early Departures
We do not offer credit for arriving late or departing early on any of our retreats.
Responsibilities of the Client
If you are ill during the retreat or prior to arriving you must let us know. We reserve the right to refuse to allow you to take part in activities if we believe it is detrimental to your health or other guests health. Please be aware that if you have an infectious or contagious disease/condition, we are within our rights to turn you away without a refund. You should not attend if you are unwell. You are responsible for your personal medical requirements, clothing and footwear for the duration of the retreat It is your responsibility to let our teachers know if you have any injuries and to be mindful at all times of your own body’s capability during our retreats. If you experience any injury or discomfort during any activity during the retreat, then please stop participating immediately. If we feel you are unable to perform an activity, we reserve the right to stop and no refund will be offered. It is your responsibility to consult a doctor with an understanding of yoga and fitness to check that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to undertake yoga classes and other physical activities that you may choose to do whilst on the retreat. It is your responsibility to organise suitable travel and health insurance with suitable coverage which will not leave you exposed, medically, financially or otherwise during your the entire duration of your stay at The Norfolk Farmhouse. Please note, even if you have private health insurance in your Country of Residence, it is unlikely that this insurance will cover overseas trips to the extent required to participate in the activities organised on a trip with The Norfolk Farmhouse. We advise guests to bring your insurance policy with you to the retreat in case of an emergency.
We ask that women who are 12 to 28 weeks pregnant provide a letter from their health practitioner specifying that are fit to attend a retreat and able to engage in the activities that we provide. Whilst all measures are taken to ensure a high standard of health and safety, our retreats do sometimes take place where the land is uneven and we shall not be responsible for any injuries caused by uneven terrain. If you have health conditions and dietary requirements that may be affected by the activities offered on our retreats we reserve the right, for your own wellbeing, to advise you to stop participating. You recognise that we are not able to provide you with medical advice, and that any information provided should be used as a guideline only. If you have any prior knowledge of health concerns or health risks, you acknowledge that it is your responsibility to seek clearance from a health care professional prior to attending any of our retreats.
Acknowledgement of Risks
You must accept that attending any activities involves some risk. We ask our guests to recognise that the risks include personal injury. By attending the retreat you agree to assume these risks and to release and discharge us and any of our employees or sub-contractors from any and all claims. You acknowledge that you are participating in all activities willingly, and in the knowledge of these risks.
Team Members and Classes
In the event of one of the team members becoming injured, ill or any emergency situation that forces them to leave the retreat, this may impact on the retreat plan, in terms of the yoga, fitness classes or talks being cancelled. We will do whatever we can to adapt to the situation and reduce the impact this may have on your retreat experience. In this event the retreat will continue to run and things will be adjusted to reflect the team situation. There will be no refunds or compensation to reflect the change in team situation.
Video Release/Use of photos
The Norfolk Farmhouse assumes the right, and unrestricted permissions to use photographic portraits/images/videos in which you feature that are taken during the retreat to use/republish/copyright, etc, for commercial use in association with The Norfolk Farmhouse. You agree that unless you notify The Norfolk Farmhouse in advance with a refusal to give permission, you hereby release and discharge The Norfolk Farmhouse from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photographs and video footage, including without limitation any and all claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
Whilst charges for minor accidental breakages are applied at our discretion, we will charge the full cost of all other breakages, missing items and for the replacement or making good of any damage. This includes lost bookings due to damage or breakages. Payment is to be paid for by yourself directly to the property owner.
We are confident that you will not find cause for concern during your retreat. If you feel that a complaint is warranted you must raise the issue directly with our Director. Any retrospective complaint must be made in writing to The Norfolk Farmhouse within 14 days of the end of your retreat.
You agree to sign a waiver with The Norfolk Farmhouse at the start of your retreat. You acknowledge that during any trip with The Norfolk Farmhouse, you participate voluntarily in any and all activities arranged, and insofar as is legally permissible, you surrender your right to any cause of action against The Norfolk Farmhouse, their agents, contractor’s, employee’s and directors, arising from any loss or damage to any person or property that occurs during a Norfolk Farmhouse trip, up to and including death. All health issues including allergies MUST be disclosed at the time of booking. Our retreats are not suitable for children under the age of 18 years or for people with physical disabilities that cannot take care or responsibility for themselves as we do not have the resources or expertise. There are areas of the retreat that people with mobility issues may not be able to access.
The Norfolk Farmhouse does not accept liability for:
- Any of the above events, or others beyond our control.
- Loss, injury, or damage (to you) or your personal property.
- Physical, medical or psychiatric conditions developing during or after your retreat.
- Please check that your holiday insurance policy covers these and other contingencies.